New Camera Bag

Filed under: , , by: Unknown

While in Korea, we visited several camera stores. There was two things, mainly, that I was looking for...1) a camera bag & 2) battery grip.

I found both, fortunately...and at a pretty good price.

The battery grip is a MeiKe MK-D80, basically it's a knockoff of Nikon's MB-D80...only less expensive. I love the way this grip makes the camera feel. It's got a very stable, secure feeling to it and makes shooting vertically SUPER easy. It will work off of 1 or 2 rechargeable batteries or the included 6 AA battery tray. The convenience of using AA's makes it attractive as well. The build feels solid. The only issue I've had with it, so far is it giving a faulty battery reading...ie, showing the battery (es) are low or discharged when they are not. I've emailed the manufacturer about it, so I'm just waiting to hear back. Whenever it "malfunctions", I simply pop out a battery and reinsert it.

Battery grip for D90 vertical

Battery grip for D90

I've nearly always carried a backpack style camera bag. Now, I've decided I'd like to carry a "crumpler-style" bag to my side...making it easier/quicker to "draw and shoot". The crumpler-style bags I've found locally in the US, have cost more than I could spend (that's what my budget manager says ;)). I ran across one bag that caught my eye...a TRAGO bag from Malaysia, I believe. So far, this bag is just what I've wanted/needed. It comfortably carries with the shoulder strap and provide quick and easy access to my camera/lens/flashes. Of course it has reconfigurable dividers and LOTS of pockets...literally everywhere!

Currently, I'm carrying my D90 (both with and without battery grip), attached 18-105mm, SB-800, SB-28, 2 Cactus recievers with a transmitter, extra batteries (camera and flash) with chargers, extra SD cards, better bounce for flashes, color corrective filters for flashes, and my 50mm lens.http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=4701328939524907764&postID=1934682044993260310

DSC_4274

DSC_4273

DSC_4270

DSC_4269

0 comments: