A little background on me

Filed under: by: Unknown

I started in photography in 1986 (back in High School) I can't remember my teacher's name, but he was pretty good about peaking our interest. I purchased my first SLR camera (yes, it was film) a Pentax K1000. We learned how to work with the camera and the film. We had our own darkroom where we could develop and do our own prints. Very interesting, even back then.

As time went on, and I attended college...I set my sights on majoring in Photojournalism at the University of Central Arkansas. There, I took several more photography courses and worked on the school newspaper (The Echo) and the yearbook.

For some reason, I think it had to do with me not being very good at writing, I changed my major to Geography, but I continued to learn in my photography hobby.

Several years later, I purchased another SLR...the Nikon N65. This was a VERY basic camera and I had to relearn my usage of it. Then, I stepped into the digital world with the Nikon D40 back in February 2007. I've been "ear deep" in photography since. A few months ago, I upgraded to the Nikon D90.

You can follow along with all of my photos at my Flickr site.



Stay tuned for more posts!!

3 comments:

On June 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM , Unknown said...

Very cool, Dan! I've been thinking about doing something like this as well!

 
On June 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM , Unknown said...

DO IT, Adam!

 
On June 14, 2009 at 2:21 AM , animegodd said...

OMG! Is that the Ark of the Covenant?