Bright Lights -- OH MY!!

Filed under: by: Unknown

So my wireless transmitter for the off-camera flashes suddenly quit working....completely. Replaced the battery, that wasn't it. Oh well.

Had a small Halloween shoot with my neighbor's children when I realized it went on the fritz. I made do with two flashes fired via my optical slaves. A little more post-processing, but that's the downfall of using inexpensive "ebay" remotes.

The next day, I had already lined up another little Halloween/Christmas shoot. I called a friend of mine who had recently purchased some studio strobes that he offered to let me try.

WOW!!! I've got to get me a set of these. SO MUCH POWER!!!

It was SO easy to blow out the background. I loved it.

I setup my "standard" setup, since it was my first usage of the strobes....I was fairly confident that I could nail the exposure within just a few exposures.

Here's a few shots, straight out of the camera. Now that I really look at these, I can see where I was trying to sync too high...at 1/250 sec.

DSC_6293

DSC_6289

DSC_6285

DSC_6275

DSC_6258

DSC_6232

DSC_6215

DSC_6210

DSC_6186

0 comments: