Costumes anyone?

Filed under: by: Unknown

Usually I think about taking pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes about the time they are going out to go trick or treating. Not this year!

Benjamin, Jacob and Briana were all in a good mood Saturday (and Mom was at work) so we set up the studio and took a few shots.

Jacob didn't want to participate at first, but soon he saw Benjamin and Briana having fun, so he joined in.

I called my sister to see if she wanted pictures of my niece in her costume, too. So we got a few of her.

Now, I've got a black muslin backdrop coming, then I can expand my portraits a little more...

Halloween-5

Halloween-2

Halloween-12

Halloween-16

Halloween-22

Halloween-23

Halloween-26

Halloween-31

Halloween-33

Halloween-34

Shelby Halloween 1

Shelby Halloween 3

Shelby Halloween 2

2 comments:

On October 19, 2009 at 10:41 PM , Michael S. Red said...

These turned out nice. I've had my black backdrop since June and still haven't used it yet. It won't be long though. What was the lighting setup here?

 
On October 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM , Unknown said...

Thanks, Shane. Lighting was a strobe on both sides and behind the subject, lighting the background. Main light was a single SB800 shot through a white umbrella, maybe 3-4 ft infront of them and to the camera right

I do (finally) have a black muslin coming, may be here this weekend. It's 10x20 so that'll also take place of my whilte tileboard

I'm excited to try to shoot on black ;)