Home Studio setup

Filed under: , , , by: Unknown

Well, I'm starting to work (more seriously, anyway) on my portfolio. So, this afternoon I have a friend and his family coming over for a simple "studio-type" shoot. Of course, since we don't have an actual studio yet...we have to make do with what we have.

I moved some furniture out of the center of the living room and set up a studio pulling from Zack's tutorial blog.

I setup my background lights and adjusted the power until I was shooting at about f11 @ 1/100. (2 - 285's at 1/4 power)

Then I setup my main light (SB-800) and adjusted the power until I was shooting at f8 @ 1/100. Here's my final result, with my setup and a few shots.






3 comments:

On June 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Shane Red said...

What is that you're using on the floor? Plexiglass?

 
On June 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM , Unknown said...

Two sheets of plain ole white tile board from Lowes

 
On June 17, 2009 at 1:17 PM , d0va said...

lol real nice... I see your kids have some moves....